Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The beginning... sort of....

As many of you know I have been on a weight loss "journey"... to date I have lost 15.4 lbs since starting Weight Watchers in September! The holidays were especially hard but I am back on track as far as eating goes!
I have also started working towards running a 1/2 marathon in October, right now I am working on jogging my 3 mile route entirely before adding more miles to it, as of last night I can jog about 1.4 miles before I stop and walk a bit, when I walk I am only walking about a block before I start to jog again... this is something I never thought I would or could do!
I'm also planning on attending the firefighting academy which starts in April... it's about a 4 month program. Then in the fall I am hoping to enter the EMT program at Linn Benton Community College to begin working towards becoming a Paramedic! I am both very excited & nervous about the next couple years!
I've started this blog to keep both family & friends updated on my progress, hoping it will keep me motivated knowing people will be reading about what I'm up to!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything!! I know you can do it and we can keep each other encouraged!! Check out my blog confessionsofafattywithnoself-control.blogspot.com. Good lucky with your 1/2 marathon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be interesting watching your journey. Good luck to you, Cassie!

    ReplyDelete